Are you tired of boring and flavorless lettuce salads?
Lettuce is relatively devoid of any meaningful nutrition. It is basically just fiber and water!
It is time to up your salad game with this delicious and nutritious Brussels sprouts and kale salad!
These greens are loaded with nutrients including chlorophyll and a suite of vitamins and minerals.
Paired with a tangy herbal citrus vinaigrette, this salad has a bold flavor to complement the nutritional profile.
If that wasn’t good enough, this quick and easy keto meal can be ready in just about 15 minutes from start to finish!
For the salad-
3/4 lb of fresh organic Brussels sprouts, shaved
1 cup organic lacinato kale, chopped
1/4 cup organic roasted almonds, slivered
For the dressing-
1/4 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon organic dijon mustard
1/2 organic lemon, juiced
4 sprigs organic fresh thyme leaves
Sea salt, to taste
Organic black pepper, to taste
- Lightly steam the kale and Brussels sprouts for about 5-7 minutes or until the leaves are tender yet still crisp.
- As the greens are cooking, combine the dressing ingredients in and whisk together until well combined.
- When Brussels sprouts and kale are cooked, remove from heat and rinse under cold water.
- Allow the greens to drip dry.
- Combine dry greens with almonds and dressing.
- Toss to combine.
Servings per recipe: 4
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
Saturated Fat: 2g
How did your salad turn out? Let us know in the comments below!
Recipe adapted from blog.bulletproof.com