Do you love barbecue?
So do we, that’s why we are so excited to share this delicious keto BBQ chicken recipe.
This quick and simple recipe gives you all the flavor and sensation of barbecue without ever turning on the grill!
These oven baked BBQ chicken drumsticks are crispy and flavorful, especially when coated with our homemade BBQ sauce!
Most BBQ sauces are loaded with sugar and preservatives. But this recipe walks you through a simple homemade BBQ sauce recipe that uses organic ingredients and keto-friendly sweetener.
So enjoy your Summer in the Keto Zone with these tasty keto BBQ drumsticks!
2 pounds (5-6) free-range/organic chicken drumsticks
2 tablespoons avocado oil
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
For the BBQ Sauce:
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
½ cup chicken bone broth
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons coconut aminos
4 tablespoons keto-friendly sweetener
¼ cup paprika
2 tablespoons ground black pepper
1 tablespoon sea salt
½ tablespoon cayenne powder
½ tablespoon garlic powder
½ tablespoon mustard powder
½ tablespoon cumin powder
*Always use organic ingredients when possible
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Lightly coat drumsticks in avocado oil
- Arrange drumsticks on a baking pan.
- Bake drumsticks until crispy, about 55 minutes.
- While drumsticks are cooking, heat a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Combine sauce ingredients in the pan.
- Stir until sauce begins to simmer.
- Turn heat down to low and cover.
- Allow sauce to cook, stirring occasionally.
- Once the sauce cooks down to desired consistency, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- When cooked thoroughly, remove chicken from the oven.
- Plate chicken with a garnish of chopped cilantro and a side of BBQ sauce for dipping.
Serving Size: 2 drumsticks
Total Fat: 15 g
Total Carbohydrates: 2 g
Net Carbs: 2 g
Protein: 24 g
How did your BBQ chicken turn out? Let us know in the comments below!