Does your family love chicken tenders?
If so, making a delicious family-friendly Keto Zone meal just got easier!
This recipe is a great alternative to conventional fried chicken tenders.
Fried foods are strictly avoided on healthy ketogenic diet. When most oils are heated to high temperatures they begin to oxidize and go rancid.
That is why this recipe is oven-baked so you can avoid the dangerous oxidation of oils caused by frying foods.
Most conventional chicken tenders are also breaded with inflammatory and carb heavy wheat flour.
These chicken tenders, on the other hand, are made with organic coconut flakes and chopped almonds, so they have both nutrition and flavor without added carbs!
Try out this crispy keto chicken tenders recipe today! It is sure to be a new family favorite.
1 1/2 pounds organic boneless skinless chicken thighs
2 organic/free-range eggs, beaten
1/4 cup organic coconut flour
1/4 cup organic coconut flakes
1/4 cup organic almonds, finely chopped
2 teaspoons organic olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon organic black pepper
1/4 teaspoon organic garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon organic onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Finely chop almonds.
- In a small bowl beat eggs until yolks and whites are well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almonds, coconut flakes, coconut flour, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Place a wire rack on a baking tray and oil wire rack with olive oil.
- Lay chicken thighs out on a cutting board and cut in to 8 strips.
- Dip each chicken in the beaten eggs and then cover in spice and flour mixture.
- Lay chicken strips out on the wire rack.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove chicken strips from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serving size: 2 pieces
Calories: 300 kcal
Fat: 12 g
Total Carbohydrates: 5 g
Fiber: 3 g
Net Carbs: 2 g
Protein: 40 g