For many people, it’s been tough to maintain a healthy lifestyle while being stuck at home through the COVID-19 “shelter in place.” Normal routines have been annihilated, moods may have been depressed, and anxiety high. If you’ve gained weight, it may feel a bit hopeless. But we’ve got hope for you. You can lose the Quarantine 15 before July!
Why So Many Now Want to Lose the Quarantine 15
There are many reasons people have gained weight during the last few months. They include:
- Carbohydrate-rich sugary foods are often eaten during high-stress or depressed moods. For those who are already fighting obesity, diabetes, or insulin resistance, carbs and sweets are a downward spiral of fat storage and more insulin resistance. In fact, the more carbs we eat, the more fat we tend to store, and the more fat we store, the more resistant our cells become to insulin causing us to store more fat. It’s easy to see how this can become a huge issue with emotional or stress-eating. Of course, Keto Zone omits the carbs and sweets for healthy weight loss!
- Homeostasis calls our bodies. You may have been working on small changes during quarantine to stay healthy. However, more drastic ones often work better (at least initially) to fight weight loss. There’s often a strong genetic pull towards a certain body type or body weight. Studies actually show that various neuroendocrine, metabolic, and behavioral mechanisms are set in motion to counteract weight-loss actions we take (1, 2). To break the chains and genetic pull, you can take a strong action like Keto Zone to lose weight.
- Frustration can easily set in when you don’t see results. If you’ve gained weight, it can be frustrating to start all over again. You may have had momentum before the pandemic. Don’t give up. The Keto Zone lifestyle produces results effectively and efficiently.
5 Steps to Lose the Quarantine 15 by July
How can you lose the quarantine 15 by July?
1. Enter the Keto Zone to Lose the Quarantine 15
Let’s keep it simple. The Keto Zone is the most efficient, effective way to reverse the scale and begin losing weight. You can start with the Keto Zone Diet Book for all the information you’ll need. You’ll omit all the carbohydrates responsible for your weight gain and health issues. You’ll add in healthy fats that will keep you satisfied and full.
As you do so, you’ll lose weight within just a week or 2. As you stick with it, you’ll get your momentum back and see the pounds fall off.
2. Keep a Food Diary
A food diary is an amazing tool for your weight loss journey. Simply write down your intake. Use an app or other resource to become familiar with carbohydrate amounts in foods. To learn more about carbs and reading food labels, check out this post.
While there’s nothing magic about food diaries, they do help by:
- Allowing for self-accountability
- Adding up the grams of carbohydrates and seeing how that affects weight loss
- Troubleshooting issues with weight loss, hunger, etc.
- Keeping a record to repeat successes and avoiding challenges
It’s easy and free to keep an online food journal or simply a written one.
3. Add Intermittent Fasting
Intermittent fasting is amazing for promoting overall health and weight loss. And, it can be extremely motivating to jumpstart weight loss now.
An easy way to start intermittent fasting is to stop eating at 7:00 every night, and resume at 11:00 am every morning. Between waking up and eating at 11:00, you can have non-carb drinks such as coffee, coffee with MCT Oil Powder and Hydrolyzed Collagen, tea, or drinks that utilize healthy sugar substitutes (erythritol, stevia, etc).
At 11:00 or so, eat a Keto lunch, and then eat your Keto dinner around 6:00. Between lunch and dinner add 1-2 Keto Zone snacks such as fat bombs or other healthy favorites.
4. Get Rid of the Sugars in Your House and Still Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
One issue with staying home all day is facing all the food temptations around you. Oftentimes, our cupboards are loaded with high-carbohydrate convenience foods.
It’s time to get rid of them, or simply find alternatives.
Luckily, you can buy or make your own options. There are many amazingly satisfying recipes on this site. They include:
Or, check out the Quick & Healthy Keto Zone Cookbook.
5. Set Daily, Weekly, and Overall Goals
Can you really lose the Quarantine 15 by July? You can. Set your goals now.
First, take time to set daily “habit goals.” These goals need to be action-based and in your control. For example:
- I will fast from 7:00 pm to 11:00 am each day.
- I will not eat more than 25 grams of net carbs per day.
Then, set weekly goals. These should also be in your control. They can include exercising 3 times per week, sticking to your daily eating goals each day, or journaling.
And lastly, set a goal overall for July 1st. You’ve got about 5.5 weeks. Is your goal to lose 15 pounds? Set it and write it down.
Write all of these goals down and put the paper in a place you can read it when the going gets tough. It will keep you motivated to stay on track.
You can do it!
This has been a very tough 2-3 months for many. It’s important to now take care of yourself and your health. If this includes weight loss and a push to lose the quarantine 15, we can help. Use the steps above. You can also join our FREE 21-Day Keto Zone Challenge to get started!