Are you looking for a decadent ketogenic chocolate bar recipe?
Chocolate is an amazing superfood. It is loaded with antioxidant polyphenols and important nutrients like the mineral magnesium.
Unfortunately, however, most commercial chocolate products are loaded with sugar which will lead to inflammation in the body and knock you out of the Keto Zone.
That is why we are sharing this easy and delicious keto chocolate bar recipe.
Now you can get the health benefits of chocolate without consuming unnecessary carbs.
The best part is that this recipe is great as a keto dessert, a holiday treat, or even an daily low-carb snack.
1/2 cup organic cocoa butter
1/2 cup organic cocoa powder
1/4 cup organic hazelnuts, chopped
1/4 cup non-GMO erythritol (or N. American hardwood xylitol)
1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Melt cocoa butter in a sauce pan over very low heat (you can also use a double broiler or chocolate melter).
- Add in the cocoa powder, sea salt, and erythritol.
- Whisk together until well combined.
- Remove mixture from heat.
- Stir in the vanilla chopped hazelnuts.
- Spread mixture on pan covered with parchment paper.
- Chocolate should be about 1/2 inch thick.
- Place chocolate in the refrigerator for about an hour to firm.
- Once firmed, remove from the fridge and carefully cut in to bars of desired size.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 139 kcal
Fat: 14 g
Total carbohydrates: 6 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar alcohols: 4 g
Net Carbs: 1 g
Protein: 3 g
How did your chocolate bars turn out? Let us know in the comments below!
Recipe adapted from lowcarbyum.com