One of the best things about summer is iced coffee. But, did you know it can get even better? Just add Dutch Chocolate MCT Oil Powder.
In fact, our Keto Zone Iced Coffee Mocha will flood your body and brain with nutrients to start your day energized and focused. It supports:
- Heart Health
- Brain Health
- Weight Loss
- Energy and Focus
- Healthy Blood Sugars
- Healthy Digestions, and more
Take your cold-brew to the next level with Dutch Chocolate MCT Oil Powder. The health benefits and taste are extraordinary. Here’s how and why you should:
Keto Zone Creamy Iced Coffee Mocha with Chocolate MCT Oil Powder
Cold-Brew Coffee “Concentrate”:
- 1 part coffee grounds, very coarsely ground (such as 1 cup)
- 4.5 parts water (such as 4.5 cups water)
Keto Zone Creamy Iced Coffee Mocha:
- 10 ounces cold brewed coffee
- 1/3 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoons Chocolate Hydrolyzed Collagen
- 2 tablespoons Dutch Chocolate MCT Oil Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Erythritol or stevia, to taste, optional
- Cream, optional
- First, make your cold brew coffee: Stir together coffee and grounds in a large jar OR french press. Cover. Allow to set at room temperature overnight or ~12 hours. Strain twice using a coffee filter, a fine mesh sieve or a sieve lined with cheesecloth. This is your coffee concentrate. It can be kept in the fridge, covered for up to 2 weeks. If you like strong coffee, you can use as is. Otherwise, dilute 1:1 with water, or to taste.
- Then, make it a Keto Zone Iced Coffee Mocha: Pour the cold brew coffee and 1 cup ice into a blender.
- Add the coconut milk, almond milk, Hydrolyzed Collagen, MCT Oil Powder, and sea salt. Blend on high until combined and creamy.
- Add sweetener to taste, if desired.
- Add 2 Tbsp (or more if desired) cream to the top of iced coffee if desired.
What is MCT Oil Powder?
MCT Oil Powder is simply the powdered form of medium chain triglycerides (MCT).
MCTs are special fats that have shorter carbon chains than most fats in the diet (1). Why does size matter to you?
The size of the fat directly affects its function in the body.
MCT oils are derived and isolated from several natural foods, most often coconut oil. Once isolated, the MCT oil is mixed with a carrier, such as fiber powder, and dried to form MCT Oil Powder.
In fact, there are four types of MCTs found in nature: caproic, caprylic, capric, and lauric acid. MCT oils contain all but lauric (this is an advantage).
Caprylic acid (C8) is the most ketone-producing and possibly the most healthful of all the MCTs. MCT Oil Powder is specifically concentrated in this fatty acid.
To get the amount of C8 in 1 scoop of MCT Oil Powder, you’d have to eat almost 1/2 cup pure coconut oil!
The shorter the MCT, the quicker and easier the digestion. Even people with poor digestion can reap MCT Oil Powder benefits, and everyone can enjoy positive health effects. Here’s how MCT oils fatty acids, and specifically caprylic acid (C8) affect the body.
7 Proven Benefits of MCT Oil Powder
1. Heart Health Support
Medium chain triglycerides in MCT Oil Powder have been shown to improve cholesterol profiles by decreasing LDL cholesterol, decreasing the number of LDL particles, and increasing HDL cholesterol (2, 3).
There are three primary ways MCT Oil Powder improves cardiovascular health.
First, MCTs improve cholesterol profiles by decreasing LDL (bad cholesterol) while increasing HDL (good cholesterol). In turn, this improves the total cholesterol ratio.
In one recent study, 17 overweight women were given MCTs for 27 days. When tested, their LDL cholesterol decreased, HDL increased, cholesterol ratio improved, and plasma glutathione increased (a powerful natural antioxidant). Researchers stated that their cardiovascular risk profile was improved (4).
In another 2018 study, 96 adults consumed butter, coconut oil, or olive oil. When tested, LDL remained unchanged with coconut oil and olive oil. HDL significantly increased with coconut oil. This change improved the cholesterol profile in the coconut oil group (5).
2. Reduced Inflammation
Inflammation is at the center of most chronic diseases. In fact, inflammation is linked to heart disease, diabetes, cognitive degeneration, and more.
MCTs can reduce inflammation in the body. In 2014, 30 adults with high cholesterol and inflammation consumed MCTs for 30 days. When retested, scientists found significant reductions in LDL, increases in HDL, and reductions in C-reactive protein (a marker for inflammation) (6).
3. Improved Brain Health and Focus
When you’re in ketosis, and you consume MCT Oil Powder, your body is able to produce increased ketones.
Currently, scientists are studying the effects of ketones, like those from MCTs, in preserving healthy brains and inhibiting degradation from aging (7).
Additionally, researchers have found that ketones are usable fuel for the brain in those with Alzheimer’s disease, similar to young healthy brains. (8). In Alzheimer’s disease, there is an impairment in the use of glucose by the brain. Utilizing ketones in the brain rather than glucose may result in memory improvements and brain function (9).
Here’s what their finding: Ketones are associated with many benefits, including reduced brain degradation from aging and improved brain function (10).
4. Weight Loss
Amazingly, MCTs can promote weight loss and improved BMI. This is great news since even moderate weight loss can improve cholesterol, triglycerides, blood sugars, and inflammation.
5. Blood Sugar Balance
MCTs can improve blood sugars and decrease insulin output, thereby improving health and fat metabolism (13).
In fact, MCTs can help reduce the risk of diabetes by:
- Decreasing insulin resistance
- Providing an alternate energy source to carbohydrates
- Preserving beta-cell health (decline in these cells contributes to diabetes)
- Promoting weight loss
In one recent study, scientists concluded that MCT oils provided benefit to beta cells in both mice and humans. One key to combating diabetes is improving the health of these cells (14).
Additionally, a 2016 animal study showed that MCTs improved both insulin resistance and inflammation. (15).
While more human studies are needed, MCT Oil Powder is a promising supplement to help improve diabetes outcomes.
6. Healthy Digestion
Amazingly, MCTs can fight unhealthy yeasts while supporting an increase in healthy bacteria and absorption in the digestive tract (5). Unhealthy yeasts plague many people and cause a myriad of digestive and health issues.
Digestive diseases can affect the body in many ways, including:
- Poor absorption, stunted growth, vitamin and mineral deficiencies, and low energy
- Direct digestive symptoms such as constipation, bloated, and cramping
- Declining digestive tissues with the risk of ulcers, hemorrhoids, decreased healthy bacteria growth, fungus and yeast overgrowth, and diverticular diseases
One MCT Oil Powder benefit is its ease of digestion. Bile is not needed to digest MCTs. In fact, they go from the intestines directly to the liver, and the body quickly uses them as energy or storage. MCTs can nourish even those who don’t otherwise digest nutrients well.
In one 2018 study, MCT supplementation decreased intestinal candida overgrowth in preterm infants. The candida decreased during supplementation, then increased again once it was stopped (16).
MCTs can improve healthy bacteria levels, fat-soluble vitamin absorption, and energy metabolism (17).
7. Energy and Athletic Performance
If you’re looking for a fuel that increases energy, MCTs are one such fuel. Once delivered to the liver from the intestines, MCTs increase energy output in the mitochondria. Mitochondria are the energy producers in cells (18).
In addition, athletes look for ways to decrease lactate levels. When recreational athletes consumed MCTs, they experienced lower lactate levels during moderate and intense workouts than they did with other fats. This may lead to improved endurance and performance (19).
Other researchers found that MCTs reduce high-temperature exercise performance issues and improve overall performance (20).
There a many benefits to adding MCT Oil Powder to your diet. And, now with the new Dutch Chocolate MCT Oil Powder flavor, you can make the best iced coffee mocha you’ve ever had. Improving your health just got even more delicious!