While spring and summer often feel like healthy seasons, autumn and winter can feel drab and concerning. In fact, many people worry their health will decline during the colder months. But, this doesn’t have to be the case. You can avoid these top 5 autumn and winter health concerns with Keto Zone. Here’s how:
How to Avoid the Top 5 Autumn & Winter Health Concerns with Keto Zone
Autumn & Winter Health Concern #1: Weight Gain
There are many reasons people tend to gain weight during Autumn and Winter. These include:
- Shorter days and less daylight for outdoor exercise
- More fatigue
- Warm, rich, comfort foods
- Holiday eating
- Biological weight gain
While all of these reasons exist, you can do something about each of them. And luckily, Keto Zone is the best diet plan for weight loss, no matter what season it is.
When you enter the Keto Zone and work to stay there, you can lose weight, feel satisfied with foods, and meet your weight goals without hunger (1). Yes, even in Autumn and Winter.
What does it take?
It takes eating a diet that is high, healthy fats, moderate protein, and low in carbohydrates. To get started, check out our Keto Zone Quick Start Guide.
Health Concern #2: Depression
Unfortunately, many people are affected by seasonal depression. Our hormones change throughout each day, month, and season.
But, there are a few things you can do.
- Eat a Keto Zone diet high in fatty fish like salmon, tuna, and halibut.
- Supplement with omega-3 fish oils. Specifically, EPA has been proven to help fight seasonal depression (2).
- Get more sleep. Most people don’t get enough sleep at any time of year, but our bodies tend to need a bit more during dark months. Getting more sleep can help you fight disease, fatigue, and depression.
- Slow down during Holiday months and resist an overfilled schedule. Try these Steps to Choose Joy and Reduce Anxiety during the Holidays.
- From the time you wake up until you go to bed, you can form habits to reduce stress. Here are Habits to Reduce Cortisol Naturally.
Health Concern #3: Sickness
Cold and flu season are top concerns when it comes to Autumn and Winter months. It’s important to take steps to boost your immune function with Keto Zone. You can:
- Improve healthy gut bacteria with Keto Zone. Try fermented foods, such as plain yogurt, kimchi, sauerkraut, kefir, kombucha, fermented vegetable powders (Fermented Green Supremefood), fermented “living foods” like Living Chia with Probiotics, and high-quality probiotic supplements. Fortifying your gut bacteria can directly impact immune function (3, 4, 5).
- Reduce inflammation with Keto Zone. Foods such as omega-3s from fatty fish and supplements, spices like ginger, cinnamon, and turmeric, vegetables and greens, and herbs like basil. In addition, removing sugar from your diet improves inflammation, and less inflammation means less sickness and disease (6).
- Eat a high-fat, low-carb dinner for better sleep. At night, our bodies don’t want to digest and metabolize foods, especially ones that require insulin, as do carbohydrates. In fact, late eating, and high carbohydrate eating during the evening and night are associated with altered metabolism, increased incidence of diabetes, and weight gain (7). What’s more, reducing carbs can help you sleep better, and adequate sleep is required for better immune function(8).
- Eating Keto Zone vitamin D foods. Get out in the sun at least 10-15 minutes per day. In research, those with vitamin D levels of <10 ng/mL had a higher risk of respiratory infections compared to those at 10 ng/mL or greater (9). Salmon is an example of a high vitamin D Keto Zone food.
- Use Divine Health Fermented Green Supremefood and Organic Red Supremefood to boost immunity! These powders are packed with anti-inflammatory, immune-boosting ingredients like spirulina, beets, fermented wheatgrass and more (10, 11, 12, 13).
Health Concern #4: Dry Hair and Skin
How can Keto Zone help you improve the condition of dry winter skin and hair this year? Easy! Keto Zone eating includes principles that promote healthy skin:
- Healthy Fats are great for the skin! Oils like olive oil, coconut oil, and MCT Oil Powder, avocado oil, and omega-3 fats can improve the appearance of the skin, skin health, wound healing, and more (14, 15).
- Add Keto Zone Hydrolyzed Collagen for a plethora of skin benefits. They include reduced wrinkles, increased skin hydration, and increase elasticity (16).
- Especially during dry winter months, hydrate with 64-80 oz. of fluid per day for healthy skin and hair. In addition, adequate fluids can help you eat less and stay satisfied while losing weight.
Read more about Healthy Winter Skin here.
Health Concern #5: Holiday Eating Sabotage
It’s a double-whammy.
With darker, colder days, it’s tough to stay in shape. Then, the Holidays come along and bring cookies, candies, parties, and restaurant-eating with them.
The last thing you want is to sabotage all your hard work for just a couple of months of Holidays. But, what can you do?
- First, realize extra eating should only really be on a few days: each Holiday itself, and maybe 1-2 parties. The other days are “normal days.” This outlook can really reduce the overwhelming feeling of “Holiday Eating.”
- Next, when you do attend parties that are difficult on Keto, focus on the proteins, greens, and any healthy fats on the table such as olive oil, pestos, etc. Also, take initiative and bring Keto-friendly dishes.
- Offer to bring a delicious Keto Zone dessert.
- And lastly, slow down. Slow down your eating, your to-do list and schedule, and all the running around. The more you slow down, the more you’ll feel in control.
- Here are more tips!
It’s common for people to become concerned about their health in the Autumn and Winter. But, you can avoid these top 5 Autumn & Winter health concerns with Keto Zone. It’s the best plan, year-round!