Ready to try your new favorite keto bread?
Bread is easily one of the most convenient and versatile foods.
Unfortunately, however, traditional bread is loaded with carbs and gluten and will easily throw you right out of the Keto Zone!
But what if you could have a delicious and fluffy piece of bread that is gluten-free and low-carb?
Well you can with this amazing keto bread recipe!
This is not your typical crumbly mess of a gluten-free bread. The psyllium husks in the recipe substitute for the “glue” like properties of gluten making this bread strong and pliable.
You’ve never had anything like it before!
So without further ado, here is the recipe:
6 tablespoons organic psyllium husk powder
1 cup warm reverse osmosis or spring water
3/4 cup organic coconut flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon sea salt
8 whole organic/free-range eggs
1/2 cup grass-fed butter or organic coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Grease a glass bread pan with butter or coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine the psyllium, coconut flour, sea salt, and baking soda.
- Whisk the dry ingredient until well-combined.
- In another slightly larger bowl crack all 8 eggs and whisk until well combined.
- Add the water to the eggs and whisk to combine.
- Slowly pour melted oil in to the water egg mixture and whisk to combine.
- About 1/4 cup at a time, incrementally add dry mixture to wet mixture whisking well to combine.
- Put the dough into the bread pan and smooth out the top.
- Bake bread for about for 1 hour.
- You will know bread is done when i tooth pick comes out the center clean and the top of the bread is firm.
- Remove from the oven.
- Leave bread to cool in the pan for about 20 minutes.
- Remove bread form the pan and cool on a wire rack for another 45 minutes.
- Cut bread in to slices of desired size.
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for about 1 week.
Macros Per Slice: 9.8 g fat, 7 g carb, 2 g net carb, 3.9 g protein
How did your keto bread turn out? Let us know in the comments below!