Unfortunately, most commercial mayonnaise products are not Keto Zone friendly. This is because they are made with low-quality rancid oils such as soy, canola, safflower, and vegetable oil. These oils are oxidized and have been shown to cause inflammation, weight gain, and even heart disease.
That is why we are sharing this easy and healthy Keto Zone mayo recipe made with avocado oil! Avocado oil is loaded with heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids. Additionally, this recipe is made with egg yolk which is abundant with fat-soluble vitamins and minerals.
In order to avoid ending up with watery mayo, make sure to follow the directions in this recipe carefully. You want to slowly add in the avocado oil as the food processor mixes the mayonnaise. This will ensure you end up with a creamy and delicious mayonnaise.
You might not ever want store-bought mayo again!
3 organic/pasture-raised egg yolks, separated from the whites
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cups avocado oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Put the egg yolks into your food processor.
- Add in the sea salt.
- Next add in the lemon juice and apple cider vinegar.
- Cover your food processor and pulse a few times before putting it on a steady processing speed.
- This next step is really important! Using a half cup of avocado oil at a time, slowly pour oil into the food processor.
- The goal it to drip the oil into the egg yolks in smooth steady stream until the mayonnaise thickens and all the oil is incorporated into the egg yolks. This will take a few minutes. be patient and add the oil in slowly for best results.
- Once the mayo is blended to your desired consistency, use a spatula to scrape the mayo in to a glass jar for storage.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Serving Size: 2 tablespoons