As the colder months of the year approach, you may begin to crave the comfort, warmth, and nourishment of chicken noodle soup.
Chicken noodle soup is a classic dish associated with healing and regeneration. Traditional chicken soup is loaded with nutrients that support immune health. Unfortunately, most modern preparations of chicken soup include noodles.
You probably already know that if you want the health and weight loss benefits of a ketogenic diet, then noodles are off the table.
This is because noodles are starchy carbs that will cause inflammation and knock out of the Keto Zone.
That is why we are sharing this delicious and nutritious chicken soup recipe that uses sliced cabbage in place of noodles.
Now you can have all of the benefits of chicken soup without the inflammatory carbs!
2 pounds organic chicken thighs, cooked and shredded
1/2 cup grass-fed butter
2 stalks organic celery, chopped
2 organic carrots, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves organic garlic, minced
1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
8 cups organic chicken bone broth
2 cups green cabbage, sliced
2 tablespoons organic onion powder
2 teaspoons sea salt
¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Add butter to a large pot over medium heat.
- Once butter is melted, add celery, carrot, mushrooms, and garlic to the pot and sauté until the fragrant (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add in broth, parsley, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Allow mixture to reach a simmer and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until veggies become tender.
- Add in chicken and cabbage.
- Cook for another ten minutes or until cabbage reaches desired doneness.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 510 kcal
Total Carbohydrates: 6 g
Fiber: 3 g
Net Carbs: 3 g
Fat: 40 g
Protein: 33 g
How did your chicken soup turn out? Let us know in the comments below!
Recipe adapted from dietdoctor.com