Are you tired of wrapping your keto burgers in lettuce?
Do you want an easy and delicious low-carb burger bun that tastes even better than the “real thing?”
Then you are in the right place!
This keto burger bun recipe is made with low-carb almond flour, psyllium husk, and pasture-raised eggs.
The result is a grain-free, dairy-free, and keto-friendly hamburger bun.
So it is time to say “good-bye” to those messy and dissatisfying lettuce wrap burgers!
Yields: 6 buns
1 cup almond flour
3 organic/pasture-raised egg whites
1 organic/pasture-raised egg yolk
1 1/4 cups hot filtered/spring water
5 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
2 teaspoons organic apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Mix until thoroughly combined in to a dough.
- Divide dough into 6 equal balls.
- Flatten each ball to about 1-2 centimeters.
- Glaze each ball with egg yolk and sprinkle with sesame seeds on top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
Calories: 73 kcal
Fat: 2.8 g
Total Carbs: 9.5 g
Fiber: 6.5 g
Net carbs: 3 g
Protein: 3.1 g
How did you burger buns turn out? Let us know in the comments below!
Recipe adapted from ketovale.com