You are going to love this tasty keto dish!
These tender and juicy slow cooker meatballs are delicious and filling. They can be made as an appetizer, main dish, or as a low-carb potluck contribution.
Low in carbs and laded with bioavailable protein and healthy fats, these keto meatballs are sure to crush cravings and leave you feeling full and energized without the crash associated with carb consumption.
Simply combine the ingredients for the meatballs and bake them in the oven until firm. Prepare your sauce in the slow cooker and add the baked meatballs to slow cook on low for 8 hours.
If you are in a hurry, they can even be made in as little as 3 hours when cooked on high!
So try this recipe out today and let us know how you like it in the comments below!
For the meatballs:
2 pounds grass-fed ground beef
1 large organic/free-range egg
1/4 cup keto mayonnaise (no soy, vegetable, canola, or safflower oil)
2 tablespoons organic parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cup fresh organic parsley, minced
For the sauce:
1/4 cup organic apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup filtered water
2 tablespoons organic coconut aminos
2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
2 cans organic tomato paste, no sugar added
1/4 cup fresh organic parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon organic garlic powder
1 teaspoon organic onion powder
2 tablespoons organic mustard
2 teaspoons organic black pepper
2 teaspoons sea salt
1/2 cup fresh organic parsely, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Set your slow cooker to high and cover.
- Oil a sheet pan with olive oil, ghee, or avocado oil.
- Combine the meatball ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix together until well combined.
- Form the meat mixture into meatballs about 1.5 oz each.
- Arrange meat balls on the sheet pan and bake for about 15 minutes.
- As meatballs are baking add the sauce ingredients to the slow cooker and stir until well combined.
- Once cooked, add meatballs to the slow cooker.
- Coat meatballs with sauce.
- Cook covered on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Top with fresh chopped parsley, serve, and enjoy!
Calories: 190 kcal
Total fat: 6 g
Total carbohydrates: 11 g
Fiber: 6 g
Net Carbs: 5 g
Protein: 20 g
How did your meatballs turn out? Let us know in the comments section below!
Recipe adapted from howtothisandthat.com