Chocolate and hazelnuts are quite a tasty combination!
That is why there are so many popular chocolate hazelnut spread products on the market.
The problem is that most commercial chocolate hazelnut spread products contain inflammatory ingredients such as added sugars, oxidized oils, and questionable preservatives.
But what if you could enjoy the delicious flavor and satisfaction of your favorite chocolate hazelnut spread product without the inflammatory added ingredients?
Well you can with this creamy keto chocolate hazelnut spread!
That’s right, you can indulge in this decadent treat while still keeping carbs low and burning fat in the Keto Zone!
1 cup organic hazelnuts
¼ cup organic coconut oil
2 tablespoons grass-fed butter, melted
3 tablespoons organic cocoa powder
1 scoop hazelnut MCT powder
1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
1 teaspoon erythritol
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 275 F.
- Arrange hazelnuts in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Use two sheets if necessary.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Keep an eye on the nuts to make sure they do not burn.
- Once roasted, remove nuts from the oven.
- Transfer the nuts in to clean kitchen towel.
- Agitate and rub the hazelnuts with the towel.
- Dislodge as much shell fragments from the hazelnuts as possible.
- Combine the shelled nuts with the remaining ingredients in a blender or a food processor.
- Blend to desired consistency.
- Remember, the longer you process the spread, the creamier it will be!
Calories: 271 kcal
Fat: 28 g
Protein: 4 g
Carbohydrates: 5 g
Fiber: 3 g
Net carbs: 2 g
How did your chocolate hazelnut spread turn out? Let us know in the comments below!
Recipe adapted from dietdoctor.com