Carb cravings. They’re one of the greatest barriers to good health and an optimal weight. But they don’t have to rule your life! You just need to understand why they happen and how you can finally overcome them for good.
Below, we’ll cover the biggest reason you have carb cravings and the best way to finally stop them.
WHY CARB CRAVINGS HAPPEN
We all know what cravings feel like: a strong, uncontrollable desire for a specific type of food. Those foods are usually sugar, bread, pasta, dessert, or anything carb-rich.
So, why does this happen?
Well, our bodies get used to using processed carbs and sugar for fuel. Here’s how it works:
- You eat a meal high in carbohydrates and sugars, and your blood sugar spikes as glucose is released into your bloodstream.
- What goes up must come back down—so that steep blood sugar rise leads to a plummet, and your levels are low again.
- This low blood sugar leads to tiredness, fatigue, crankiness, and you feeling the need for a “quick fix” of energy—a.k.a. more sugar and processed carbs.
- You give in to these foods again to “feel better,” and the carb cravings cycle continues all over again.
This constant carb struggle leads to weight gain, lack of energy, and so much frustration with your diet.
Not to mention, this yo-yoing and overeating increases your risk of metabolic syndrome, which can include high blood sugar, insulin resistance, unhealthy cholesterol, excess abdominal fat, and high blood pressure.
And metabolic syndrome greatly increases your risk of heart attacks, strokes, and type II diabetes.
Obviously this isn’t good, so it’s time to take control and stop the carb cravings in their tracks.
HOW TO STOP YOUR CARB CRAVINGS—FOR GOOD
The absolute best way to stop the cycle of carb cravings is by entering the Keto Zone.
In the Keto Zone, your body switches from using sugar for energy to burning fat. That means no crazy blood sugar roller coasters throughout the day. You teach your body to use its alternative source—fat—to fuel you without the need for sugars and carbs.
Plus, you’ll be eating lots of healthy fats and high-quality proteins that promote a sense of fullness and satiety. Your body will be content without the need for more.
WHAT IF YOU HAVE CARB CRAVINGS ON KETO?
If you’re already eating the Keto Zone Diet, you will likely have carb cravings at the beginning. This is normal as your body adjusts to burning fat. Your body is still addicted to sugar and rebelling since it’s not getting its fix.
But hang tight, as that will change once you enter ketosis.
MORE WAYS TO CURB CARB CRAVINGS
Sometimes other facts can contribute to carb cravings, so here are some other things to try:
- Drinking plenty of water and getting enough sleep
- Making sure your keto macrosare good—high fat, moderate protein, and 20 grams or less of carbs per day—and that you’re eating enough fiber
- Making sure you’re still in the Keto Zone—and supporting your diet with keto supplements as needed
- Praying on it and giving it up to God
- Relieving stress that may be causing emotional eating
Carb cravings are frustrating when you’re trying to live healthfully, but they don’t have to hold you hostage. The Keto Zone Diet can help you conquer them for good and finally get your health where you want it to be. Get ready to start thriving!