Looking for a quick and easy keto breakfast option?
If so, these delicious baked avocado eggs are sure to do the trick!
We all have busy lives. Who can afford to spend all morning making breakfast?
This low-carb recipe looks and tastes like a gourmet meal but it can be ready with little effort in less than 20 minutes!
Avocados are loaded with heart-healthy monounsaturated fat as well as fiber and minerals like potassium.
Eggs are one of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet with protein, healthy fats, fat-soluble vitamins, and minerals.
These baked avocado eggs are sure to keep you full and satiated without any carbs so you can keep burning fat in the Keto Zone all day!
2 large organic avocados
4 pasture-raised/organic eggs
2 tablespoons organic cilantro, chopped
Sea salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
4 tablespoons grass-fed cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cut the avocados in half.
- Remove the pit and discard.
- Use a spoon to scrape out enough room in the avocado to house an egg. (excess avocado flesh may be eaten)
- Add a squeeze of lime juice over each avocado and then top with salt and pepper.
- On baking sheet, place each seasoned avocado half.
- Carefully break one whole egg into the center of each avocado half.
- It is okay if egg white spills over the side, just keep the yolk from breaking.
- Place avocados in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until the whites are cooked but the yolk is still runny.
- Remove from oven and garnish with cilantro, more salt and pepper, and cheese, if desired.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
How did your baked avocado eggs turn out? Let us know in the comments below!