Ever get tired of eating plain and boring avocados to boost your daily fat intake?
Spice up your dinner and bring home the fiesta with our Keto Zone Taco Stuffed Avocados.
Avocados are overflowing with healthy vitamins and nutrients, like omega-3 fatty acids, beta-carotene, and lutein, as well as vitamin C, E, K, and B-6 (1). Avocados also have a magnitude of health benefits, such as boosting heart health, improving digestion, anti-inflammatory properties, and more. Read more about the 8 Proven Health Benefits of Avocados.
Taco stuffed avocados are a quick and easy way to pile on quality fat while sticking to your nutritious routine. And if you like a little spiciness, you can add some cayenne pepper too!
- 4 ripe avocados
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet of taco seasoning, or try Dr. Colbert’s taco seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- Sour cream, for topping
- Halve and pit avocados with a knife.
- Using a spoon, scoop out a bit of avocado, creating a larger well. Dice the removed avocado and set aside to use later.
- Squeeze lime juice over all avocados.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add in ground beef and taco seasoning, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon.
- Once the meat turns between pink, add in onion and tomatoes to skillet.
- Season with salt and pepper, and continue to cook the beef, onions and tomatoes until the beef is brown, about 6 minutes.
- Remove ground beef from heat
- Fill each avocado with a scoop of ground beef, then top with extra diced avocado, cheese, lettuce, and a dollop sour cream.
- Serve and enjoy!
Yields: 4-8 servings
Serving Size: 1 serving or half of avocado with toppings
Calories: 360 kilocalories
Fat: 27.7 grams
Carbohydrates: 15.3 grams
Net Carbs: 8 grams
Protein: 17.1 grams
Recipe adapted from Delish.