Being healthy and losing weight does not mean you have to deprive yourself of the pleasures in life.
And one of the great pleasures in life is double chocolate chip cookies.
This delicious keto cookie recipe is everything good about cookies but without the carbs.
The almond flour, Hydrolyzed Collagen, and pasture raised egg adds a decent serving of protein while grass-fed butter provides healthy fats.
Chocolate is loaded with minerals like magnesium and potassium and high quality sea salt adds other trace minerals to help keep electrolytes up.
And to top it off this recipe uses monk fruit, erythritol, or stevia as a sweetener so you can keep burning fat in the Keto Zone even as you enjoy this tasty dessert!
2 cups organic blanched almond flour
1/4 cup grass-fed butter, melted
2 tablespoons Hydrolyzed Collagen
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup keto friendly sweetener of choice
1 tsp vanilla
1 organic free-range egg
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp organic apple cider vinegar
A pinch sea salt
1/3 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Lightly grease parchment paper.
- Combine all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips and collagen powder in a food processor.
- Pulse until well combined
- Add the collagen and pulse until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and gently knead in using your hands until evenly dispersed through the mixture.
- Roll the dough into 10 evenly sized balls and place on the parchment paper.
- Press the balls to desired cookie thickness.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until desired doneness is reached.
- Allow cookies to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Yields 10 Servings
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Total Fat: 17 grams
Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Dietary Fiber: 5 grams
Net Carbs: 2 grams
Protein: 7 grams
How did your cookies turn out? Let us know in the comments below!
Recipe adapted from blog.bulletproof.com