What happens to physical and mental health when you lose 10 percent of your body weight? If you’re overweight, the benefits can be life-changing!
In fact, studies show that even modest weight loss helps normalize blood sugars, blood pressure and cholesterol (1). Additionally, being overweight or obese can impair immune function and increase the risk of severe infection (2). But, weight loss can help.
There’s little doubt that the last 18 months have wreaked havoc on many people’s health, both physically and mentally. Stress, isolation, and loss of routine have made it difficult for many to stick with healthy eating and exercise.
Now’s the time to fight back. You can take back your health and lose weight, if needed. Dedicate the next 6 weeks to get back on track for good!
Why Have So Many Gained Weight?
There are many reasons people have gained weight in the last 18 months. They include:
- Carbohydrate-rich sugary foods are often eaten during high-stress or depressed moods. For those who are already fighting an unhealthy weight, elevated blood sugars, or insulin resistance, carbs and sweets are a downward spiral of fat storage and more insulin resistance. In fact, the more carbs we eat, the more fat we tend to store. The more fat we store, the more resistant our cells become to insulin causing us to store more fat. It’s easy to see how this can become a huge issue with emotional or stress-eating. Of course, the Keto Zone® omits the carbs and sweets for healthy weight changes!
- Homeostasis calls our bodies. You may have been working on lifestyle changes and weight loss recently. However, more drastic ones often work better (at least initially) to fight weight gain. There’s often a strong genetic pull towards a certain body type or body weight. Studies actually show that various neuroendocrine, metabolic, and behavioral mechanisms are set in motion to counteract weight-loss actions we take (3, 4). To break the chains and genetic pull, you can take a strong action like getting into the Keto Zone to experience weight loss.
- Frustration can easily set in when you don’t see results. If you’ve gained weight, it can be frustrating to start all over again. You may have had momentum when life felt less stressful. Don’t give up. The Keto Zone lifestyle produces results effectively and efficiently.
5 Steps to Lose 10 Percent in 6 Weeks
How can you lose 10% of your body weight in 6 weeks?
1. Enter the Keto Zone to Lose 10 Percent Quickly
Let’s keep it simple. The Keto Zone is the most efficient, effective way to reverse the scale and begin losing weight. You can start with the Keto Zone Diet Book for all the information you’ll need. You’ll omit all the carbohydrates responsible for your weight gain and many health issues. You’ll also add in healthy fats that will keep you feeling satisfied and full.
As you do so, you’ll lose weight within just the first week or 2. As you stick with it, you’ll get your momentum back and see the pounds fall off.
2. Keep a Food Diary
A food diary is an amazing tool for your weight loss journey. Simply write down your intake. Use an app or other resource to become familiar with carbohydrate amounts in foods. To learn more about carbs and reading food labels, check out this post.
While there’s nothing magical about food diaries, they do help by:
- Allowing for self-accountability
- Adding up the grams of carbohydrates and seeing how that affects weight loss
- Troubleshooting issues with weight loss, hunger, etc.
- Keeping a record to repeat successes and avoiding challenges
It’s easy and free to keep an online food journal or simply a written one.
3. Add Intermittent Fasting
Intermittent fasting is an amazing tool for overall health and weight change. And, since it can jumpstart loss, it can really help with motivation!
An easy way to start intermittent fasting is to stop eating at 7:00 pm every night, and resume at 11:00 am every morning. Between waking up and eating at 11:00 am, you can have non-carb drinks such as coffee, coffee with Keto Zone® MCT Oil Powder and Keto Zone® Collagen Powder, tea, or drinks that utilize healthy sugar substitutes.
At 11:00 am or so, eat a Keto lunch, and then eat your Keto dinner around 6:00 pm. Between lunch and dinner add 1-2 Keto Zone snacks such as fat bombs or other healthy favorites.
4. Get Rid of the Sugars in Your House and Still Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
If you now work from home, you face food temptations around you all day long. If your cupboards are loaded with high-carbohydrate convenience foods, it can be a tough battle!
It’s time to get rid of them, or simply find alternatives!
Luckily, you can buy or make your own options. There are many amazingly satisfying recipes on this site. They include:
Or, check out the Quick & Healthy Keto Zone Cookbook.
5. Set Daily, Weekly, and Overall Goals
Can you really lose 10 percent in 6 weeks? You can. Set your goals now!
First, take time to set daily “habit goals.” These goals need to be action-based and in your control. For example:
- I will fast from 7:00 pm to 11:00 am each day.
- I will not eat more than 25 grams of net carbs per day.
Then, set weekly goals. These should also be in your control. They can include exercising 3 times per week, sticking to your daily eating goals each day, or journaling.
And lastly, set a long-term goal for the 6 weeks. Is your goal to lose 10 percent of your body weight? Set it and write it down.
Write all of these goals down and put the paper in a place you can read it when the going gets tough. It will keep you motivated to stay on track.
You can do it!
This has been a very tough 18 months for many. It’s important to take back control of your health and weight. If this includes weight loss and a push to lose 10 percent, we can help. Use the steps above. You can also join our FREE 21-Day Keto Zone® Challenge to get started today!