Is there anything better than an ice cream sandwich in July? How about one with just 9 grams of net carbs!
Amazingly, our Keto Zone® Ice Cream Sandwich recipe combines delicious keto chocolate brownies with keto strawberry vanilla ice cream.
You don’t have to settle for boring foods in the Keto Zone®. Take the time to make this decadent and delicious keto dessert. It’s just what you need for a hot summer day.
Keto Zone® Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwiches
First, make Keto Zone® Strawberry Vanilla Ice-Cream.
This easy mason jar recipe combines our nourishing Keto Zone® French Vanilla Keto Zone®Shake, real berries, healthy Keto Zone® Vanilla MCT Oil Powder, and Organic Fermented Red Supremefood® for a power packed ice cream with only 7 grams of net carbs.
Next, make delicious “Spread the Love Keto Zone® Brownies.”
Spread the Love Keto Zone® Brownies
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 3/4 cup low-carb sweetener such as allulose or monk fruit
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee (optional)
- 10 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- ¼ cup 80% sugar-free dark chocolate chips (extra for sprinkling)*
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon (sugar-free) vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a square 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper (or grease with avocado or coconut oil very well).
- Whisk almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, low-carb sweetener, and instant coffee in a medium bowl, making sure to break any clumps.
- Melt butter and chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir well. If not completely melted, repeat for 30 seconds and stir again. Allow cooling slightly.
- Add eggs and vanilla to chocolate. Then, fold in dry ingredients until mixed (do not overmix and brownie may become too cakey).
- Pour batter into a baking dish. Optionally, sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons sugar-free chocolate chips over top of batter.
- Bake for ~20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out just moist. Allow to cool completely. Recipe makes 16 small squares.
- To use in Keto Zone® Ice Cream Sandwiches, cut brownie squares horizontally to make 2 thin brownies. Place 2-3 tablespoons of ice cream in the middle and enjoy!
*If unable to find sugar-free chips, chop a sugar-free 80% cacao bar.
Nutrition information for each brownie: 206 calories, 20 gm fat, 5 gm carbs, 3 gm net carbs, 3 gm protein (Recipe adapted from gimmedelicious.com)
Nutrition totals for Keto Zone® Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwich: 383 calories, 37 gm fat, 12 gm carbs, 9 gm net carbs, 5 gm protein
Keto Zone® Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwiches vs. Store-Bought Conventional
Why go through the trouble of making this delicious recipe rather than just buying an ice-cream sandwich at the store?
It’s About Eating Real Foods
First, there’s an obvious advantage in the quality of the ingredients. One uses real foods. The other, a combination of food-like ingredients and chemicals.
Our Keto Zone® Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwich includes real strawberries, vanilla, and cocoa. It provides healthy fats like medium chain triglycerides, health-promoting fiber, and organic keto-friendly fruits from Red Supremefood®.
A Fat Boy Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwich contains:
Fresh Whole Milk, Wafer (Wheat Flour, Sugar, Caramel Color, Dextrose, Palm Oil, Cocoa (processed with Alkali), Contains 2% or less of the following: Corn Flour, Corn Syrup, Modified Corn Starch, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Baking Soda, and Mono & Diglycerides), Strawberry Puree, Liquid Sugar (Sugar, Corn Syrup), Cream, Non-fat Dry Milk, Stabilizer (Microcrystalline Cellulose, Cellulose Gum, Mono & Diglycerides, Polysorbate 80, Carrageenan), Natural Flavor, Beet Juice (color).
Notice we’ve left out ingredients like corn syrup, colorings, liquid sugar, and polysorbate 80.
Nutrition and Carbohydrates
Then, beyond the real food ingredients, our Keto Zone® Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwich delivers delicious flavor with only 9 grams net carbs!
Fat Boy? Count on 28 grams of net carbs and only 3 grams of protein per sandwich. This treat will definitely kick you right out of the Keto Zone®!
Bottom Line: Snack Smart with Keto Zone® Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwiches
There’s no need to feel deprived this July. In fact, you can stay in the Keto Zone® and enjoy a delicious treat. Try our Keto Zone® Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwich recipe today. It’s the perfect time of year for a delicious chocolate and berry treat!