Autumn doesn’t just mean leaves falling and cooler weather. For many, it is a transition and change in the foods they prepare and eat. Many reach for warmer, more comforting foods. Unfortunately, this sometimes results in less fresh foods and more processed ones. But, autumn recipes can be extremely healthy, and fit nicely into the Keto Zone®.
Take the change in seasons as an inspiration to cook a few new, healthy, Keto Zone dishes. Here’s our list of 10 Favorite Keto Zone Autumn recipes. Enjoy the nutritious flavors of autumn!
10 Favorite Keto Zone Autumn Recipes
- Autumn Pork and Squash Slow Cooker Stew – If you’ve not tried this warm, flavorful, pork stew, you’re in for a treat. Make it in a slow cooker and delight in the fresh Autumn flavors.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies – What a treat! A mix of pumpkin, spices, and chocolate is perfect for a Fall day. Try it alongside Keto Zone coffee.
- Keto Zone Super-Seed Overnight “Oatmeal” This keto “oatmeal” combines hemp heart seeds, chia seeds, and flaxseeds for a high-protein, delicious autumn breakfast. The best part? You can cook it overnight in a slow cooker and wake up to a hot, flavorful, and healthy way to start the day.
- Pan Sheet Sausage and Onion Dinner Another easy dinner! Sausage and onions are a perfect combo for an Autumn meal.
- Keto Zone Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake A dessert among desserts! Cream cheese plus pumpkin equals a delicious and decadent treat.
- Keto Zone Pumpkin Spice Latte Skip the chemical-laden commercial unhealthy pumpkin spiced latte and make your own superfood drink!
- Triple-Superfood Spice Nuts What could be more “autumn” than pecans and cinnamon? These deliciously spicy nuts are an easy and healthy Keto Zone snack.
- Keto Zone Pumpkin Soup Combine nutritious coconut oil, onions, spices, and pumpkin puree for this warm-you-up pumpkin soup!
- Keto Zone Chocolate Walnut Caramels This amazing treat combines 3 health-promoting foods: walnuts, cocoa, and collagen.
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Pumpkin seeds are loaded with healthy fats, antioxidants, and fiber. Roast them for an easy, delightful Autumn snack.
Why Keto Zone Autumn Recipes?
Autumn recipes can be comforting, nostalgic, and incredibly nutritious! Our Keto Zone Autumn recipes boast a variety of superfood ingredients to promote full body health and energy even as the days get darker.
For example, these superfoods include:
Nuts and Seeds
Across the board, nuts and seeds offer protein, plant based omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, vitamin E, and more .In fact, the omega-3s promote anti-inflammatory reactions in the body. The Vitamin E, magnesium, fiber, calcium and iron further encourage whole-body health. In addition, their antioxidants fight free radicals, reduce the risk of cellular overgrowth, promote heart health, reduce cholesterol plaque formations, and encourage eye health (1).
Pumpkins are loaded with potent nutrients. First and foremost, it contains lutein, a carotenoid antioxidant that protects the body from oxidative stress (2). Next, it contains anti-inflammatory nutrients. These compounds steer the body toward less inflammation, thereby fighting against many chronic health issues. Lastly, pumpkin oil has been found to promote full-body health and reduce risk of cellular overgrowth in the organs (3, 4, 5).
One hallmark of Autumn foods are spices. Cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and more promote anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidative, digestion, brain, circulation, and heart health (6, 7). What’s more, some spices also provide antibacterial benefits (8).
Autumn is the perfect season for new, healthy recipes. Get in the kitchen and whip up some Keto Zone meals, snacks, drinks and more!