Are you ready to enjoy the spicy flavor of this easy keto Caribbean jerk chicken recipe?
Made with fresh whole food ingredients, this simple recipe is both healthy and delicious.
Chicken thighs are used because they have more fat than other cuts. Make sure to find chicken thighs that still have the skin on. Chicken skin is a source of extra nutrition and flavor.
The ingredients are all blended together to create an incredibly delicious marinade that will make this chicken one of your new favorite keto recipes!
This recipe can be served with cauliflower rice, grilled vegetables, or a fresh side salad.
3.5 lbs bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
4 large organic garlic cloves
1 inch chunk fresh organic ginger
3 organic green onions
1 organic habanero pepper
2 tablespoons ground allspice
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup organic lime juice
3 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
6 organic lime wedges, for serving
- Set aside chicken and lime wedges.
- Combine all of the remaining ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Arrange chicken on a large baking dish.
- Coat the chicken with the spice mix.
- Cover the coated chicken and allow to marinate in the refrigerator 1-12 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350 F.
- Bake chicken in preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Turn on the broiler and broil for 5-10 minutes, or until chicken is lightly charred.
- Remove from oven and allow chicken to rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve with lime wedges.
Calories: 405 kcal
Protein: 30 g
Fat: 30 g
Total Carbs: 5 g
Fiber: 1 g
Net Carbs: 4 g
How did your jerk chicken turn out? Let us know in the comments below!
Recipe adapted from ketodietapp.com