Are you ready to try out your new favorite low-carb breakfast treat?
It can be hard to give up comfort food items when going on a ketogenic diet.
Luckily, pretty much every food you love can be re-created to be keto friendly!
Pancakes are no exception.
This grain-free pancake recipe uses coconut flour so that it is low enough in carbs to keep you in the Keto Zone!
By using coconut milk and coconut oil it can also be made dairy-free.
These pancakes are a delicious clean eating treat that the whole family will love!
4 organic/free-range eggs
1 cup organic coconut milk (can also use organic cow or goat milk)
2 teaspoons organic vanilla extract
1 tablespoon keto sweetener of choice
1/2 cup organic coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
coconut oil, butter, or ghee as a cooking oil
- Preheat large frying pan or griddle over medium heat.
- Crack eggs in to a small bowl.
- Use a whisk to beat the eggs until they begin to froth.
- Add in vanilla, milk, and sweetener of choice and continue to whisk until well combined.
- In a medium-sized bowl add dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and sea salt) and whisk together.
- Slowly add wet mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients whisking until well combined.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of oil in to your preheated pan.
- Carefully pour about 3 tablespoons of batter into the pan for each pancake.
- The pancakes should be around 3 inches in diameter and relatively thick.
- Cook the pancakes about 3 minutes on each side.
- Set each cooked pancake aside on a plate and add more oil to the pan if necessary until all the batter is used.
- Serve with butter, coconut butter, coconut flakes, or other low-carb toppings!
How did your pancakes turn out? Let us know in the comments below!
Recipe adapted form nourishingdays.com