Do you ever get hungry for a late-night snack?
Night-time carb cravings on a ketogenic diet are largely due to not eating enough healthy fat, fiber, and protein with dinner.
If you make sure to get sufficient amounts of these important macronutrients with your last meal of the day, then your body will have all of the nutrients it needs to stay full through the night.
This savory and delicious Keto Zone dinner recipe is sure to keep you satisfied.
Loaded with fiber from cauliflower, onion, and cabbage, our Keto Zone Cabbage Rolls will help your digestion and promote satiety.
Additionally, the healthy fat and protein from grass-fed beef and organic cream will down-regulate the “hunger hormone” ghrelin and signal your endocrine system that you have consumed adequate amounts of nutrition.
So try out this hearty cabbage roll recipe out for dinner and say goodbye to late-night carb cravings!
1 pound organic cabbage, whole leaves
2 cups organic cauliflower, shredded
1 organic onion, chopped
1/4 cup grass-fed butter
1 ½ lbs grass-fed ground beef
2⁄3 cup organic heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon organic black pepper
1 cup organic heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon coconut aminos
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon organic black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Cut off the bottom of the cabbage.
- Carefully remove leaves from the cabbage and set aside at least 3 leaves per person.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add shredded cauliflower to the pan and cook for about 6 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove cauliflower from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cauliflower with ground beef, chopped onion heavy cream, salt, and pepper.
- Mix until well combined.
- Evenly distribute mixture into cabbage leaves.
- Fold the edges of the cabbage leaves in and roll up tightly.
- Place rolls seam side down on a large baking tray.
- Place in the oven and cook for 45 minutes.
- Once the rolls are cooked, remove from oven and pour the liquid to make the gravy by combining cream and coconut aminos in a saucepan.
- Whisk gravy to combine then bring to simmer.
- Simmer gravy for about 5 minutes or until thickened to desired consistency.
- Once cabbage rolls are cooked, remove from oven and distribute on to serving plates
- Cover with gravy, serve, and enjoy!
Yields: 4 servings
Serving Size: 3 rolls
Calories: 870 kilocalories
Total Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Fiber: 6 grams
Net Carbs: 6 grams
Fat: 75 grams
Protein: 38 grams