Do you miss eating fruit on a ketogenic diet?
Most fruit is loaded with more than enough sugar to kick you out of the Keto Zone.
But there are some low carb fruits that can be eaten in moderation. Keto friendly fruits included, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and pomegranate.
Small amounts of pomegranate don’t have enough sugar to significantly impact your blood glucose. Additionally, if pomegranate is eaten with high fiber foods this slows down the release of sugar in to the blood stream.
That is why this Keto Zone chicken pomegranate salad works so well for low-carb diets!
This recipe has tons of fiber, protein, and healthy fat. With 1/2 cup of pomegranate divided between 4 salads, you end up with only about 5 grams of net carbs per serving!
12 oz organic grilled chicken breast, sliced
4 organic/pasture raised eggs, hard boiled and chopped
1/2 cup organic pomegranate seeds
1/2 cup organic feta cheese
2 organic radishes, sliced
2 tablespoons diced red onion
6 cups organic baby arugula
3 tablespoons organic olive oil
2 tablespoons organic lemon juice, fresh squeezed
1 tablespoon organic apple cider vinegar
Sea salt, to taste
Organic black pepper, to taste
- In a small mixing bowl, combine dressing ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Toss pomegranate, radish, chicken, and red onion together.
- Fill 4 large salad bowls with baby arugula.
- Top with chicken and pomegranate mixture.
- Drizzle half of the dressing on top of each salad.
- Evenly distribute chopped hard boiled egg and crumbled feta between the 4 bowls.
- Drizzle remaining dressing evenly over each salad.
- Serve and enjoy!
Yield: 4 servings
Calories: 289 kcal
Total Fat: 19 g
Carbohydrates: 12 g
Fiber: 7 g
Net Carbs: 5 g
Protein: 26 g