Do you need an easy yet exquisite keto side dish to serve with dinner?
This elegant asparagus hollandaise recipe is perfect for holidays and special occasions. It will make you feel like you are eating at a five star restaurant in the comfort of your own home.
The rich and creamy hollandaise sauce is not only delectable, but also loaded with keto-friendly nutrition. Made with egg yolks and grass-fed butter, this amazing sauce is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats.
Additionally, the base of organic asparagus provides even more nutrition including chlorophyll, vitamins, minerals, and prebiotic fiber.
If you want to impress your friends family with a healthy and delicious keto-friendly side dish, this recipe is the way to go!
1 pound organic asparagus
4 ounces grass-fed butter, melted
2 large egg yolks
1 teaspoon organic apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon organic cayenne powder
1/2 teaspoon organic ground black pepper
- Trim asparagus by cutting off the hard bottom part of the stalk. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine egg yolks, lime juice, apple cider vinegar, cayenne, pepper, and sea salt.
- Slowly melt butter in a pan over low heat.
- Turn the blender on low speed, and slowly pour melted butter in to the blender.
- Once hollandaise is thoroughly blender, pour it into a ramekin or serving dish and set aside.
- Heat water in a large pot over medium heat.
- Once the water reaches a simmer, add trimmed asparagus to the pot and cover.
- Cook asparagus for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Drain water from the pot.
- Arrange the cooked asparagus on serving plates, and pour hollandaise on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
Yields: 4 servings
Calories: 250 kilocalories
Total Carbohydrates: 5 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Net Carbs: 1 gram
Protein: 4 grams
Fat: 26 grams