One of the most delicious – and most difficult – keto recipes.
If you are sick and tired of messing around with complicated and inconsistent cauliflower pizza crusts, then this recipe is for you!
This deep dish keto pizza is made with a simple and straightforward keto pizza crust.
In fact this keto pizza crust is ready to top in as little as 20 minutes!
As a deep dish style recipe, this pizza is ready to be loaded up with your favorite keto ingredients. It can be endlessly customized with low-carb vegetables and meats.
You can even experiment with different keto sauces. Tomato sauce can be substituted with pesto or alfredo.
So have fun and enjoy this delicious and easy deep dish keto pizza recipe!
1/2 cup blanched almond flour
1/4 cup organic mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 large pasture-raised egg
1 tablespoon grass-fed butter, melted
1 tablespoon dried organic oregano
1/2 cup organic tomato sauce, sugar free
1/3 cup organic cheese of choice, shredded
1/2 pound organic sausage or grass-fed ground beef
1/4 cup organic mushrooms, chopped
1 organic onion, chopped
2 cloves organic garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl, microwave mozzarella for 30 seconds.
- Add egg and almond flour to the melted mozzarella and whisk until well combined.
- Add butter and oregano and continue to whisk until a dough is formed.
- Grease a large cast iron skillet.
- Arrange dough in the bottom of the skillet and press up the sides of the skillet.
- Place skillet in the oven and bake for 17 minutes.
- Remove skillet from oven.
- Arrange the meat in an even layer on top of the crust.
- Spread half of the cheese evenly over the meat.
- Spread the sauce out over the entire pizza.
- Add the rest of the cheese and additional toppings.
- Put the pizza back in oven and bake for another 30 minutes.
- When cooked through, remove from the oven.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Calories: 472 kcal
Total Carbohydrates: 9 g
Dietary Fiber: 2 g
Net Carbs: 7 g
Total Fat: 39 g
Protein: 25 g
How did your pizza turn out? Let us know in the comments section below!
Recipe adapted from ketoconnect.net