Are you looking for a low-carb vegetarian recipe for your Labor Day cookout?
This delicious Keto Grilled Portobello Mushrooms with Mozzarella recipe is sure to satisfy your needs!
While low in carbs and protein, these cheesy mozzarella mushrooms are full of healthy fat, vitamins, and minerals.
Portobellos are an exceptional source of the vital electrolyte mineral potassium. They are also a decent source of fiber and very low in total calories. Additionally, portobellos provide a source of the minerals phosphorus, selenium, magnesium, and calcium.
Overall, portobello mushrooms are a nutrient dense and delicious addition to the Keto Zone diet.
6 organic portobello mushrooms, stem removed
6 slices organic mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons organic olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup fresh organic thyme, chopped
1 teaspoon organic black pepper
- Preheat grill to 400°F
- Remove stems and scrape black gills out of the inside of the mushroom caps. Brush the outsides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Turn back over and spread about 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce inside each cap. Sprinkle with mozzarella and layer with sliced sausage.
- Place caps on grill and cook until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 8 minutes.
- Watch carefully… as they cook, the mushrooms soften and begin to flatten out, so that the fillings begin to slide off! This is when you know they are done to perfection.
- Take off grill. Sprinkle with basil and serve.
- These can be made a day or two ahead, the leftovers heat up wonderfully in a toaster oven or even in the microwave.
Yield: 6 Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 Mushroom
Calories: 195 kilocalories
Fat: 15 grams
Total Carbohydrates: 4 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Net Carbs: 2 grams
Protein: 5 grams