Do you love Tuscan soup?
Tuscan Soup, also known as “Zuppa Toscana,” is a recipe originating from Tuscany, Italy.
This style of soup is traditionally made with ingredients such as sausage, potatoes, and beans.
However, in order to make a keto friendly version of this delicious dish, we made a few simple substitutions that will keep you burning fat in the Keto Zone!
First, we switched out processed pork sausage for organic chicken breast. Next, we omitted potatoes for 1 large organic carrot. Lastly, we left out the starchy beans in favor of more delicious low-carb vegetables!
Try out the low-carb version of Tuscan Soup today and see why it is even better than the original!
1 pound organic chicken breast, cooked and shredded
1 organic yellow onion, diced
2 stalks organic celery, diced
1 large organic carrot, sliced
5 cloves organic garlic, minced
3/4 cup organic cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup organic cream cheese
3 cups organic chicken broth
1 cup organic heavy cream
1 cup organic kale, chopped
1 tablespoon organic/grass-fed butter or ghee
1/4 cup organic parsley, chopped
Sea salt, to taste
Organic black pepper, to taste
- Melt butter or ghee in a large stock pot over medium heat.
- Add in celery, onions, and carrots to the pot.
- Cook while stirring until vegetables begin to caramelize.
- Add in the garlic and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 more minutes.
- Add the cooked and shredded chicken to the pot along with the cherry tomatoes and cream cheese.
- Stir until the cream cheese is melted.
- Add in the chicken broth while stirring.
- Turn the heat up to high until the mixture reaches a boil.
- Once boiling, turn heat to low and add in the cream while stirring.
- Cover the sup and continue to simmer on low for about 10 minutes or until soup has cooked down to desired consistency.
- Once soup has reached desired consistency, add in chopped kale and stir as kale wilts in to the soup.
- Remove soup from heat.
- Distribute in to serving bowls and top with fresh chopped parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
Yields: 6 Servings
Calories: 540 kcalories
Fat: 23 grams
Total Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Fiber: 8 grams
Net Carbs: 4 grams
Protein: 18 grams