If you are on a ketogenic diet, then you know that bread is not a keto friendly food.
Conventional wheat bread is loaded with starchy carbohydrates that will spike your blood sugar, cause inflammation, and knock you out of the Keto Zone.
But thankfully, there are amazing low-carb alternatives that allow you to enjoy bread while still losing weight in ketosis.
That is why we are sharing this recipe!
These delicious dinner rolls are made with a base of coconut flour and organic mozzarella. They also have added flavor from garlic powder, oregano, and sea salt. Loaded with protein and healthy fat, these dinner rolls are low in carbs and high in flavor.
You can make these as a quick and easy side dish for your favorite keto dinner recipes!
1 cup organic mozzarella cheese, grated
3 free-range/organic eggs
2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
1/2 cup organic coconut flour
1/4 cup grass-fed whey protein powder
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a deep rectangular baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a non-stick sauce pan over low heat.
- Once butter is melted, add in shredded cheese and stir until mixture is melted.
- Remove pan from heat and add in the remaining ingredients.
- Use a spatula to stir the ingredients until a dough is formed.
- Divide the dough in to 6 equal sized balls.
- Place the dough balls in baking pan in 2 rows of 3.
- Place in oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until rolls are golden brown.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove rolls from the pan.
- Serve and enjoy!
Yields: 6 rolls
Serving Size: 1 roll
Calories 230 kilocalories
Fat: 16 grams
Total Carbohydrates: 6 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Net Carbs: 3 grams
Protein 13 grams