Spring is in the air!
This means it is the time of year to eat more sprouts and leafy greens.
These foods are loaded with chlorophyll, antioxidants, and fiber to help shed that Winter weight and prepare for the warmer days ahead.
To make this simple and delicious spring sprout salad, start with a base of mixed spring greens and Brussels sprouts. Add on top a healthy serving of nutritious broccoli sprouts with pine nuts and parmesan for protein and a few dried blueberries for antioxidants and fiber.
The salad is finished off with a flavorful keto-friendly dressing composed of apple cider vinegar and olive oil for healthy fats.
1 cup organic spring mix greens, chopped
1 cup organic Brussels sprouts, chopped
4 small/medium organic radishes, sliced
1/2 cup broccoli sprouts
3 tablespoons organic parmesan cheese, shaved
2 tablespoons organic dried blueberries
1/4 cup roasted pine nuts
3 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons organic olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon organic black pepper
- Add spring mix to a large mixing bowl.
- Chop the bottoms off of the Brussels sprouts and then cut each one in half.
- Add Brussels to the spring mix.
- Slice the radishes then place in the mixing bowl.
- Add in broccoli sprouts, parmesan, blueberries, and pine nuts.
- In a small separate bowl combine apple cider vinegar, olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Slowly pour on top of salad.
- Toss salad until well combined.
- Serve and enjoy!