Are you ready to discover your new favorite Keto Zone snack?
These delicious chocolate covered almonds are full of healthy fats and anti-inflammatory spices.
With hazelnut MCT powder added for a burst of low-carb energy, these ketogenic almonds are great for an afternoon pick-me-up!
They are great for morning, noon, or night.
The almonds are soaked overnight and then lightly roasted. This inhibits anti-nutrients such as lectins and phytic acid as well as making the minerals and nutrients more bioavailable.
Try these awesome ketogenic chocolate covered almonds out today!
1 cup organic almonds
1/4 cup organic chocolate powder
1/4 cup organic cocoa butter (can sub coconut oil or grass-fed butter)
1 scoop hazelnut MCT powder
2 teaspoons organic cinnamon powder
1 teaspoon organic nutmeg powder
1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large jar or bowl cover the almonds with 3-4 cups of filtered or spring water.
- Allow almonds to soak overnight 8-12 hours.
- Drain water from almonds.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Arrange almonds in a single layer on the baking tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until roasted to desired doneness.
- Remove almonds from oven and allow to cool for about 15 minutes.
- As almonds cool, melt cocoa butter (or other fat) in a medium sauce pan over low heat
- Once melted, stir in chocolate powder, MCT, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and salt.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Remove chocolate from heat.
- Use a fork to dip each almond in to the chocolate and then place back on the parchment paper.
- Once all the almonds are covered, place almond in the refrigerator to cool for 1-2 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serving Size: 12 almonds
Calories: 148 kcal
Fat: 15 g
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Fiber: 2 g
Net Carbs: 4 g
Protein: 2 g
How did your chocolate covered almonds turn out? Let us know in the comments below!
Recipe adapted from ketosummit.com