Here is an easy and delicious Keto Zone dinner idea just for you!
Loaded with healthy fat and protein, this simple recipe will keep you full and satisfied so you don’t have to fight those pesky carb cravings!
This recipe uses chicken thighs which are actually more nutrient dense than the popular chicken breast.
With onions and garlic added for flavor, nutrition, and fiber, this chicken recipe is a perfect main dish to pair with almost any vegetable you want!
The chicken is braised in bone broth adds important nutrients such as collagen and chondroitin which are great for healthy hair, skin, and nails.
So try this awesome recipe out today and let us know how you like it in the comments below!
8 large organic bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, about 2.5 lbs
1 cup organic bone broth
1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
2 tablespoons organic olive oil
8 cloves organic garlic, minced
1 large onion, chopped
2 tablespoons grass-fed beef gelatin
3 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup fresh organic thyme, chopped
1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon organic ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon organic paprika powder
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Generously rub each chicken thigh with seasoning.
- In a large Dutch oven over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Once butter has melted, add garlic and onion to the pan.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in bone broth and apple cider vinegar and bring to a simmer.
- Add in beef gelatin and stir.
- Carefully place each chicken thigh in to the dutch oven.
- Drizzle chicken with olive oil.
- Cover and place in to preheated oven.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove lid from the pot and set the oven to broil.
- Broil chicken for about 5 minutes or until skin begins to brown.
- Remove chicken from oven.
- Garnish with extra thyme if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 450 kcal
Fat: 15 g
Total Carbohydrates: 7 g
Fiber: 3 g
Net Carbs : 4 g
Protein: 60 g
How did your chicken thighs turn out? Let us know in the comments below!
Recipe adapted from skinnytaste.com