keto pecan pie
Do you want to make a keto dessert this Thanksgiving?
If so, this ketogenic pecan pie recipe is just what you are looking for!
Loaded with healthy fats from grass-fed butter, eggs, and almond flour, this keto dessert is unlike anything you’ve tasted before!
Sugar-free and low-carb, this pie is sweetened with either xylitol or erythritol. These sugar alcohols cook and taste much like sugar but are indigestible by the human body so they don’t spike your blood sugar and take you out of the Keto Zone!
The best part is that this delicious ketogenic holiday dessert tastes even better than traditional pecan pie so your friends and family will not even know that what they are eating is actually a health food!
1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
1/4 cup non-GMO xylitol or erythritol
1/4 cup grass-fed butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 cup grass-fed butter
1 cup non-GMO xylitol or erythritol
1 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 large organic eggs
1 1/2 cups organic pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, 1/4 cup sweetener, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Slowly pour in 1/4 cup melted butter and stir until dough starts to congeal into coarse clumps.
- Transfer dough into a pie plate. Using your fingers, firmly press the dough into the plate to form your pie crust.
- With a fork, make small pricks all over the crust before baking.
- Place crust in the oven to pre-bake for about 10 minutes or until crust begins to turn golden.
- Once pre-baked, remove crust from oven, set aside, and allow to cool.
- Heat a large saucepan over low heat.
- Melt 3/4 cups of butter in the saucepan.
- Once melted, add in the sweetener and stir until sweetener is dissolved.
- Remove saucepan from heat, add vanilla and salt, and whisk until well combined.
- Allow mixture to cool and then add in the eggs and whisk until well combined.
- Put the pecans inside of the crust and pour the filling on top.
- Place the pie in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes, or until the filling is set.
- Remove from the oven.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 390 kcal
Fat: 37 g
Total Carbohydrates: 6 g
Dietary Fiber: 3 g
Net Carbs: 3 g
Protein: 7 g
How did your pecan pie turn out? Let us know in the comments below!
Recipe adapted from alldayidreamaboutfood.com