Do you love chicken parmesan?
This popular dish is a classic addition to Italian inspired menus.
Unfortunately, however, most chicken parmesan recipes are not Keto Zone friendly!
Chicken parmesan is often made with carbohydrate laden wheat flour, inflammatory oils, and marinara sauce with added sugar.
These low-quality ingredients will kick you out of the Keto Zone and stall out your weight loss.
That is why we are sharing this amazing low-carb chicken parmesan recipe.
Made with low-carb almond flour, grass-fed butter, and sugar-free marinara, this recipe is both delicious and nutritious!
4 boneless skinless organic chicken thighs, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
1 organic egg, whisked
1 1/2 cups organic marinara sauce, no sugar added
1/2 cup organic whole-milk mozzarella cheese, sliced thin
1/4 cup organic parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cup fresh organic thyme, chopped
1/2 cup organic blanched almond flour
4 tablespoons grass-fed butter or ghee
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon organic dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon organic garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon organic ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, parmesan, garlic powder, dried parsley, sea salt, and black pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter to a frying pan or cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Take 1 piece of chicken and dip it into the egg.
- Roll the chicken in the almond flour mix until fully covered.
- Cook the chicken in the pan for about 4 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Once the chicken has been lightly browned on each side set aside on a plate.
- Add another tablespoon of butter to the pan and repeat each step with the remaining chicken thighs.
- Distribute 1/2 cup of marinara sauce on the bottom of a baking dish.
- Place each chicken in the dish on top of the sauce.
- Spread the remaining sauce over the chicken.
- Place 1 slice of mozzarella on each piece of chicken.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and garnish with chopped thyme.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 510 kcal
Fat: 28 g
Carbohydrates: 12 g
Fiber: 6 g
Net carbs: 6 g
Protein: 26 g
How did your chicken parmesan turn out? Let us know in the comments below!
Recipe adapted from foodwithfeeling.com