Looking for an easy and delicious way to get more leafy green vegetables in your diet?
Then these keto broccoli bites are for you!
With the focus on high fat consumption, it can be easy to forget that the foundation of a healthy keto diet is vegetables. Keto vegetables provide fiber as well as valuable nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and chlorophyll.
The only problem is that eating vegetables can be, well, kinda boring!
That’s why we are sharing this fun and delicious broccoli bites recipe! It allows you to get all the health benefits of vegetables while feeling like you are indulging in a delicious treat!
So without further ado, here is the recipe for keto broccoli cheese bites!
2 heads organic broccoli
½ cup of organic frozen spinach, thawed and drained
¼ cup organic green onions, chopped
1 organic lemon zest
1 cup of organic and/or grass-fed cheddar cheese, grated
¼ cup of organic and/or grass-fed parmesan cheese, grated
2 organic pasture-raised eggs
1/3 cup of organic sour cream
½ teaspoon organic black pepper
¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cut broccoli into small florets.
- Place broccoli florets in a steamer basket and steam for about 8 minutes or until broccoli is tender but not mushy.
- Chop the broccoli into even smaller pieces.
- Place chopped broccoli in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the broccoli mixture in to an pre-oiled muffin pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until tops begin to turn golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Bites may be enjoyed hot or cold.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 10 days. Will keep longer in the freezer.
How did your broccoli bits turn out? Let us know in the comments below!
Recipe adapted from myketokitchen.com