It is finally fall!
As the temperatures drop, our immune systems need an extra boost to help protect us from catching a cold or the flu.
This all-natural ginger tea recipe has whole food immune boosting ingredients that will keep you healthy without knocking you out of the Keto Zone.
Ginger and cinnamon are loaded with antioxidant and immune boosting compounds that will keep your body strong enough to fight off any pathogenic bacteria and viruses you might come across.
Lemon juice contains vitamin C which also helps to strengthen your immune system and promote healthy digestion. Apple cider vinegar has probiotics which act to counteract the unhealthy bacteria that can cause the common cold.
Additionally, this recipe has pumpkin spice MCT powder which provides a delicious fall flavor as well as healthy fats to fuel the mitochondria in your cells. To top things off we added a small amount of raw honey which is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and immune factors. A quarter teaspoon of raw honey only adds a few grams of carbohydrates which is not enough to prevent ketosis.
2 cups filtered water
2 tablespoons fresh organic ginger root, chopped
1 organic cinnamon stick
1/2 organic lemon, juiced
1/2 teaspoon organic apple cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon raw honey
1 scoop MCT Powder (Pumpkin Spice)
- Add 2 cups of water to a pot over medium heat.
- Add chopped ginger and cinnamon stick to the water.
- Cover the pot and bring water to a simmer.
- Allow water to simmer for at least 5 minutes.
- Remove water from the heat.
- Pour water through a fine mesh strainer in to your favorite tea cup.
- Add in lemon, apple cider vinegar, MCT powder, and raw honey.
- Stir until well combined (or blend for a frothier consistency).
Yields: 1 Serving
Calories: 110 kilocalories
Fat: 10 grams
Total Carbohydrates: 8 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Net Carbs: 5 grams
Protein: 1 gram