This cheesy and delicious zucchini gratin is the perfect low-carb replacement for potatoes au gratin!
With a rich and creamy base of organic eggs, cream, and parmesan, this recipe is loaded with both flavor and nutrition.
Healthy fats from organic cream complement the protein, vitamins, and minerals from the organic eggs. Add in chopped onion for additional nutrients and prebiotic fiber, and you have an amazing keto zucchini casserole that the whole family will love.
You are not going to want to skip this awesome recipe, try it out today!
2 large organic zucchinis, sliced
2 tablespoons grass-fed butter, melted
6 organic eggs
1/2 cup organic heavy cream
1/2 organic onion, chopped
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon organic black pepper
3/4 cup organic parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Lightly steam zucchini for about 5 minutes.
- Grease a large baking dish.
- Spread the zucchini evenly throughout the baking dish.
- Pour melted butter over the zucchini.
- Combine eggs and cream in a large bowl.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Add in the onions, 1/2 cup parmesan, sea salt, and pepper.
- Continue to whisk until well combined.
- Pour mixture over the zucchini.
- Sprinkle the top with remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan.
- Place dish in the oven.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until top begins to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Yields: 6 servings
Calories: 195 kcal
Fat: 18 grams
Total Carbohydrates: 7 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Net Carbs: 3 grams
Protein: 10 grams